Luis and I are so happy to start a series of posts to showcase some amazing pro photographers around the globe! The thing is, there is so much talent and these photographers are not only talented but incredible humans with such big hearts and who we have the honor of calling friends!
Professional Photographer: Lori from Lori J Photography
We could go on and on about how amazing Lori is, about the kind heart she has and obviously her talent behind the lens. But! It will be much more fun to get her to tell you a little bit more about her in simple and sweet questions! Ready? Let’s do this!
A little bit about Lori, let’s get personal
• What was your favorite food when you were a child? Pizza and it still is.
• What’s the #1 most played song on your music library? Probably Coldplay, Beck, or French music. I do not like just one thing, especially with music.
• What is one of your favorite quotes? “There is a place you are to fill and no one else can fill it, something you are to do, which no one else can do’’-Plato
• What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Outdoor the beach and indoor crafting or painting.
• What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning the bathroom, yuck!
• What is your favorite form of exercise? Hiking or Yoga.
• If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak a fluent language or skateboard.
• What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Pogo stick.
• If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I would probably travel for a month in Europe with my husband to figure out what would be best to do with my winnings.
• What sound do you love? The sound of water, probably the rain or the ocean.
(Now it’s on my personal bucket list to one day go hiking with Lori!!)
Now, a little about her photography!
• How long have you been a photographer? Since 2001.
• What or who got you started in photography? My boyfriend, now husband bought me a manual camera for Christmas. I got started right away and went straight into weddings.
• How would you describe your style? My style is light and crisp. I like to laugh with my clients. I think that shows in my photography of them.
• Canon, Nikon, Sony…? Canon!
• If you had to choose only one lens to work with, which one would it be? 24-70mm.
• Is there anybody or anything you would love to photograph? I would love to photograph big scenes of the world from my viewpoint. Big beautiful blue waters, vast landscapes, and lush colors. I have some of this in my travel photography and it brings me joy to see them.
She’s right, her photos show they all get to have a great time, look at her beautiful work!
Where to find Lori